Monday, March 8, 2010


I wish I could say I could sing as well as Julie Andrews, or should I say Fraulein Maria, but I can’t. However, just like her, I have a few favorite things. In my opinion, the best things in life are the simple pleasures that we take for granted, or overlook when thinking about the things essential to our existence. Of course, I love the things that sustain life such as air, water, and shelter, but right now I’m talking about the things that hardly ever get credit for making people happy. In terms of me, Sydnie, it really is the little things that make me smile. So, here is a list of a few things that always manage to make me crack a grin.


My favorite things: (in no particular order)

Fanny-packs, chocolate milk, puffed sleeves, sun-hats, new experiences, haircuts, the freedom to choose if my orange juice has pulp or not, Christmas sweaters, sticky notes, barnyard animal shaped waffles, SPF 60, the Deseret Industries, the color turquoise, clip-on earrings, the word snorkel, my favorite shoes, hugs from grandparents, hugs from anyone, closing my eyes and falling right asleep, sharpened pencils, bowling a strike, new socks, letters in the mail, laughing to myself, warm summer nights, memories, checking things off of to-do lists, sequins, trampolines, new toothbrushes, living by a temple, looking at real mountains, finding candy on long hard days, crooked smiles, finding out someone has the same birthday as you, sleepovers, footsie pajamas, knowing answers to random trivia, singing to Barry Manilow when your roomies think you’re a grandma, the word grandma, full moons, swing sets, golf carts, the dollar store, leopard print, and bubble wrap.

I’m sure that if I felt like sitting here for hours, I could make this list go on forever, but I just don’t have that kind of time, ya know? So, hopefully this is sufficient for you, because it is for me!

Peace, Love, and Happiness, that's what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment