Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am a child of God

So, there are a lot of ways that I could kick off my blogging, but I figure it would be appropriate if I began with a post explaining the title of my newly founded blog. So... here we gooo!
In the LDS religion there is a children's song called "The Church of Jesus Christ" the words are as follows:


I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I know who I am.

I know God's plan.

I'll follow Him in faith.

I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ.

I'll honor His name.

I'll do what is right; I'll follow His light.

His truth I will proclaim.


It's so simple, yet it's perfect for defining who I am, or rather what I'm trying to become. To sum it all up, I know who I am; I am a child of God!

If at this point you are reading this thinking it might be more appropriate if my parents named me Molly, you might possibly be right. I am a full blown Molly Mormon, and I'm not afraid to admit it, because it is part of my identity. I don't know where I would be without the gospel in my life. Actually, I do know. I would be wallowing in the pit of despair, because the gospel is what makes me happy. It makes me happy to know that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me, and I love Him. It brings me so much joy to know that I can return to live with Him again someday, if I am proved worthy to do so. But most of all, it makes me happy to know that God wants me to be happy, and He has given me all the reasons in the world to be so. The Church just makes perfect sense, and it answers all of my questions. I wish that everyone could feel how I feel about the church, because if they did there wouldn't be any doubt in anyone's minds that the church is true. I'm so thankful for it, because having it in my life makes all the difference.

I may not know what I'm majoring in yet, if my favorite animal is a giraffe or an octopus, or even which political party I belong to, but that doesn't really matter in the long run. Just as long as I know that I am the daughter of the divine, and that He has a plan for me, then I know I can be happy and "be still and know that [He] is God" (Doctrine and Covenants 101:16).

Life is good, be grateful for everyday, and live life as if the sun were always shining!
Love,

Syd

1 comment: