Monday, April 5, 2010

Step aside Swedish Fish

This weekend was a double whammie. Not only was it Easter Sunday, but it was also what we, of the LDS religion, call General Conference. Yes, most of you are probably familiar with this (especially because I only have 2 followers, and they're both LDS). I have always loved G.C. not only because we get to listen to revelation from church authorities, but also because of these babies.... Swedish Pancakes!

These are special because my Pa only makes them on very special occasions. I can recollect only a few times that I've eaten Swedish Pancakes not on General Conference. Once my dad had to work over my birthday, and I was extremely upset. While Dad usually makes a special b-day breakfast, he made me Swedish Pancakes for me the next day to make up for missing my day. Next my cousins and I had a sleepover at my grandparents, and we convinced G-pa to make them, of course he loved us enough to give in. Last, Pop made them for my mom's first official Young Woman's presidency meeting. Needless to say, they're practically sacred in the Landeen family, right up there with horseshoe tournaments.

The next thing you need to know about these, is that you're not a true Landeen until you can eat 12. My record is 17... I think it's a family-wide record too. Once you've eaten, you're pretty much filled for the whole day. They are a blessed food. I love them.

Back to G.C. I love it too. Seriously, It's so refreshing to listen to counsel from Men and Women who are so close to Heavenly Father and His spirit. There is nothing better than receiving answers to questions that you've been pondering through the Lord's mouthpieces. This conference was particularly good because I stayed awake for all four sessions, which usually doesn't happen. Not because it's not interesting, but because being cozied up on the couch next to your mom with the sounds of the Elder's soothing voices in the background, it just tends to lull you to sleep, you know? Anyway, I didn't let that happen because I was focused on being spiritually fed. I wish I could adequately express how I feel about General Conference.

My life is good, really good. Now if only the snow would leave for about 8 months, then I'd be ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment