Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good News with some Peanut Butter on top

First off I'd like to say, "Thank you Heavenly Father for sending the world George Washington Carver. My life would not be complete without him." You see, George Washington Carver was the inventor of peanut butter. I find that in my old age I love peanut butter more and more everyday. I just ate a PB & Banana sandwich, and boy did it hit the spot. Without peanut butter there would be no Reeces products, including cups, pieces, puffs, fastbreaks, sticks, or seasonal Santas, eggs, or pumpkins. Without these things, I might pass away.

Moving on. I got the job I applied for at Seven Peaks this summer. Yeah, Go Bessie! I just found out that they are even willing to work with me so I don't have to go home during finals week to get trained. Someone loves me. Thanks again, Heavenly Father. My life just simplified 50%. Also, shout-out to Emilie Wright for helping me get the job. She's the best!

In other news: At the beginning of the school year, I saw this boy walking down the street. I said to myself, "this is a classy kid. You should be friends with him." This boy is Edwin Herrera. Good news, I did become friends with him thanks to Josevy (who is also a classy kid.) Last night I took Edwin on a date with me to the AAPAA's aka the American Academy of Presidential Ambassador Awards. It was one of the funnest nights of my college experience. I won the award for "most colorful" and my trophy was a gold spray-painted can of easy cheese. I think it's toxic. Probably the best part of the night was when I picked Edwin up. His roommate Scott (Jamie's date) answered the door, and we entered. Soon, Eddie came into the room. He was wearing a bow tie. Yes, a bow tie. If you know anything about my grandpa, you know he wore a bow tie every day of his teaching life. Hence, bow ties hold a special place in my heart. This was a sign that it would be a good date, and it was!
What's that? You want pictures? Okay!
Boy, do I love this kid. Shout-out to Edwin for being super fly. I'm going to miss him loads when he goes on his mission. Speaking of which, I'm going to have like a total to 2 guy friends that carry over to next year because they're all going on missions. Don't get me wrong! I completely and fully 100% support their leaving to go on missions, but I'll be sad we can't hang out every weekend for two full years. However, I will prevail :)

Another thing I wanted to mention, I love walking to class when the sun is out! It is such a great way to start my day. Not only does it automatically make me smile, but I can see that other people are happier too, and they pass their smiles onto me. Also, I was thinking about today how the sun is a symbol of Christ or "the Son." It makes perfect sense because He is the ultimate source of light, He brings warmth to my hearth, and He automatically makes me happy when he is present in my life. But not only that, I see that reflected in other people too! Christ makes people's lives happier, that's all there is to it. I know that is true. I love Him, He is my Savior and Redeemer. I am so grateful to have Him as such a huge part of my life. Thanks again, Heavenly Father for knowing that about me, and fulfilling my needs.

Overall, there are so many tender mercies happening in my life right now. I know I could easily overwhelm myself with finals week coming up, but it's hard to be grumpy when I see Heavenly Father's hand in everything I do. I truly am a highly blessed individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment