Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One Fine D-eh

When I graduated I thought it meant the end of slaving over papers. Unfortunately, when I am assigned to speak in church, my brain autopilots to the only way it knows how to prepare such things. 
Exhibit A:
Nine Page Outline of Mission Decision History
The truth is, the last week or so has been pretty crazy in preparing to leave. No joke, I got an hour and 40 minutes of sleep the night before I gave my talk. That's pretty lousy. I was up all night writing this bad boy. Did I mention I spoke for half an hour? After I spoke the Landeen Brethren sang, "Lord I Would Follow Thee," leaving the high counselor with only eight minutes... whoops!

With the exception of a few people, most everyone I cared to have there came. As I looked over the pulpit I was overwhelmed by the amount of people who came to support me. By the end of the day my shoulders were sore from all of the hugging I did. 

After I spoke we had a farewell party at the Warburton home. Complete with waffles, crepes, toppings and "Canadian bacon," I'd say we know how to through a party. 
One of my Hidden Talents is Cutting Strawberries. Lots of Them.
We've Been Eating Breakfast All Week.
Cookies were reserved for the after-party at our house. My mom has developed an ultra cutsie imagination lately and decided we needed to make Canadian Flag cookies. 
Exhibit B:
Thanks to Lauren and Aly it Happened.
I was ultimately exhausted by the end of the day. I talked Scott and Jo into staying an extra night, and they were kind enough to tolerate my fatigue as we hung out. And of course I had changed into my pajamas and was washing my face when the Stake President and his wife stopped by... I think they understood. 

All in all it was a very delightful day being surrounded by my family, friends, and ward. My one regret is that I didn't take pictures with all of my guests... (Some took them on their phones or cameras, if it was you, please send them my way)!

Dad Snapped This One...
Also, this is a noteworthy photo:
Official Missionary Plaque. Look For It In A Church Near You.
(that is, if you are standing at 673 East 300 North in AF).

Two weeks from this moment I will be getting ready for bed in the MTC.
It's gonna be great. 

Cheers,
Sydnie Juniper

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that I helped with the strawberry cutting ;) Oh and I found the hilarious pictures of you Jo and Scott if you would like them :)

    ReplyDelete