Thursday, May 13, 2010

IDK, My BFF Jill

I have several best friends. They are all superior. All of them I know I didn't meet by chance, this is evident in how they've helped me mold my life to be what it is today. I have had several best friends in the past, and even though I'm not as good of friends with them today, they've all influenced my life in some way. I want you to meet them, and to know how I feel about them each.
Let's start at the very beginning.

Elizabeth Anne JohnstonI can not even remember how Beth and I first met. We've been friends since before we were potty-trained. We've grown up together. Although she is a year older than me, I think it's safe to say that our childhoods were almost identical. This is because we spent every moment together. I love Beth more than I could ever express. We've each been through a lot in our lives, and stuck together through it all. Her family is my family, and mine is hers. Although we don't hang out as much as we used to, I know every time I am with her it is as if we were never apart. That is the kind of solid relationship that everyone needs in their life. She is the most talented violist I know. Back in the day she even played at my baptism. That is love. I love her and would do anything for Elizabeth Anne Johnston, just as long as it made her happy.

Amy Lynn Soderquist
Amy and I have a very similar story to Beth and I. We have also known each other for as long as I can recall. Amy and I are the same age, however, so we share a few different memories than I do with Beth. Am Dawg is so supreme, yes like a pizza. Like a supreme pizza because she has so much going for her. She is kind, beautiful, spiritual, long suffering, naturally musically talented, and all the boys love her. Not to mention my love for her. I spent many hours (accumulatively-sp) carrying her clarinet to the bus while she ate her hot pocket or toast for breakfast. Yes, that is how much I love Amy Lynn Soderquist, and I'd still carry it if she needed me to. She is a real gem, and I am so happy she has so much going for her right now.

Mary Amelia Patricia Tracy O'Neill
She has so many names, I'm not even sure I got them all right. Amelia, as we called her, moved to AF when we were in the fourth grade. I automatically liked her thanks to her many quirks. As instant friends should, we shared several late night sleepovers, plots to keep her in AF, crazy dance parties, hair tragedies, random moments in the garage, and lots of tears when she moved. Amelia left AF at the end of seventh grade, and left me heart broken. Luckily, we kept in contact and went to EFY three times together. We've grown a lot together, had to realize that sometimes things aren't in our control, but no matter what happens, friendship can endure all.

Megan Hazel HatchMegan Hatch has been one of THE biggest tender mercies in my life. So big in fact, I don't even know if it's considered a tender mercy, probably more like a life changing blessing. I knew who Megan Hatch was when I was in the second grade. We didn't even go to the same school, but we played on the same Jr. Jazz basketball team. I have the picture to prove it. I didn't really get to know her until the eighth grade, though. That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I could tell you a zillion stories about spending time with her. She is one of the best people I know. Everyone knows who she is, but I am one of those fortunate enough to KNOW who she is. Not everyone has the distinct privilege to become as close to her as I have. Sure she can be goofy, but honestly nobody I know is quite as solid as she is. She has been one of the greatest friends I could ask for over the last three years. She has stood by my side through thick and thin, dry and moist (if you know what I mean). She is one heck of a person and I consider myself highly blessed to call her one of my best friends.

Sarah JuchauSarah Juchau is one of the classiest people I know. We met in the eighth grade in women's choir. Our friendship was solidified one night as we gorged ourselves on Swedish Fish and vowed never to do it again. I can't say it's a vow I've kept. Over the last few years I have grown to love Sarah Juchau so much, and she knows it because she makes me say, "I love you" at the end of every phone conversation, and even though my dad thinks it's weird, I say it anyway, because it's true. Sarah is the kind of best friend that I can be completely berserk with one minute, and then have an emotional breakdown with the next. We can sit in silence and know exactly what the other is thinking. We call it a "double S moment." They're neat. I like it when they happen. We have a way of persuading each other to do things that the other doesn't want to do, like going to Sadie Hawkins our senior year. We are good enough friends we're not afraid to tell each other when the other is being completely annoying. We're not even afraid to give each other bruises. It's the kind of friendship that will endure anything, even Idaho. I miss her heaps and heaps, and she has taught me so much about being obedient, and fearless.

Trent Karl ZimmermanTrent and I became friends the day he threw a frisbee at my head the summer before my sophomore year. That fall at school we had chemistry together. It was a miserable, yet bonding experience for the both of us. We became really good friends and spent a lot of time doing a whole lot of random fun stuff, which is almost exactly how I would describe him. He also spent a lot of time listening to me whine about boys and other girl drama. I love this boy like none other, he holds a special place in my heart as my first really good guy friend. He's currently serving a mission in Resistencia, Argentina. Although he hasn't written me in five months, I think I'll still tolerate him when he gets home in September of 2011.


Kaitlin Christine Wimmer
I met Kaitlin in the tenth grade. We had French and English together. One night at French club, we randomly sat by each other on the bus, and became best friends. We participated in several wholesome activities, such as eating hash brown patties, slugging each other when they saw a yellow car, coming up with inside jokes, and to-do lists. I even set her up with Trent, kind of. That went well... haha. I admire her so much, she is so smart, and knows how to have a good time. I even went to the temple with her this morning. She is a good egg.

Alexa Catelin Crawford
I have learned so much from Lex. She is one of the strongest people I know. I don't exactly remember how we became friends, but I am certainly glad it happened. Somewhere in sophomore year we got together and it lead to a journey of snowboarding, dancing in the rain, wrestling, and long thoughtful talks. Lex has endured so much in her life and definitely is a trooper through it all. Most recently she broke her back snowboarding, and each time I've seen her since she's had such a good attitude about it. Not to mention she's in the Army, which means she's physically strong too. She is such a good example to me in everything she does.

Jensen Todd Hayter
On the last day of school sophomore year I was formally introduced to Jensen Hayter. Although I knew him from a distance, we were never friends until that day. Let's be honest about Jensen. He is one of a kind. Nobody in this world is like him. He is one witty white boy. Although his parents didn't exactly approve of his hanging out with six girls every Friday and Saturday he still did it. That is love. He could be a spaz or a know-it-all. But I love him either way, because it's all part of the package. He's currently on a mission in Independence, Missouri. He stinks a writing letters. I miss him loads and can't wait for him to be home. Hopefully he still likes me and hasn't had every ounce of fun drained out of him.

Kimberly Ann WrightKim and I are kindred spirits. She'd kill me for saying it though, because she hates Anne of Green Gables. Despite that though, I find it in my heart to care about her. I didn't meet Kim until the eleventh grade. It is a pity we didn't meet sooner because we really are two peas in a pod. One day when we were helping with the blood drive, we just hit it right off. That day she came over to my house, which I don't always do right off the bat. People must earn my complete trust before I let them into my home. Kim has proved worthy of coming to my house too many times to count since then. Together Kim and I are invincible. Our obscurity seems to bind us. There is just too much to say about Kim, and I fear I'd leave something out if I even began. Just know that I love her for tolerating my nezbits among other things. She is the best, and that's all there is to it.

Alyson DeAnn MillerAly and I first bonded in eighth grade history with Mr. Ivie. Nobody knew we'd be in history together again in the eleventh grade with Coach Knight. It was there that we really sealed the deal. As coach was a bit old, we had several conversations in that class that brought us together. Then our senior year we were SBO's together and that brought a whole new chapter to our lives together. So many entire days were spent together at school, making posters, watching three games in one night, and then dancing in the parking lot. But besides being a noble friend, Aly is a quality all around person. She is easily one of the best dancers out there, and taught me every dance co. move I know. She is friends with so many different kinds of people, and gets along with almost everyone. She tells it like it is, and thus has taught me several things about life. Alyson DeAnn Miller is high class, and I aspire to someday be like her.

Spencer Dean McDonaldIn the ninth grade I was determined to have a crush on someone. I flipped through the yearbook and I chose Spence. But, that didn't last long, I didn't even know him after all. Who knew we'd become best friends our junior year in high school? Spence went to Sadie Hawkins with me our junior year, and I ripped my pants dancing... let's just say from that day forward, our friendship was never questioned. Spencer, aside from being a musical prodigy, science fair winner, dork, and a ladies man, is the kind of friend I aspire to be. He is one of the least judgmental people I have ever known and accepts me for me, and listens to me when I need to vent. He knows how to play the friendship game, and he does it well. He's currently serving a mission in Bangkok, Thailand, and I'm sure is an incredible missionary. Love him.

Rebecca Maria Eponine Wohan
Reb blows me away every time I think about her. She is one incredible tootsie roll. I didn't become friends with her til senior year, but always admired her from a distance. You see, Reb has been the star of almost every musical at American Fork High School. One note of singing from her mouth and my heart is melted. But, don't let her gentle voice fool you, as a dancer she can cream almost anyone at a wrestling match. Her flexibility is undauntedly the best there is. Next to that, she stuns audiences at a time in pageants, and helps kids in Uganda learn to read. She is a hard worker and teaches me perseverance and inspires me to accomplish any goals I set for myself. In the picture above she's the gorgeous fake tan one I'm standing right next to.

Josevy Jasiel BotelloJosevy is a stud, a real numba' one stunna', and my best friend down in Cedar City. I met him through ambassadors, and quickly became friends with him. I knew from the beginning he was a good apple. There were a lot of times down at school that he lifted me up when I was down, and I'm so grateful to have found him. He was my downfall to sticking it to the man when it came to twilight and made me watch it and new moon with him. He tried to teach me how to jerk... like that worked, styled my hair, gave me boy advice and always stuck by my side. He is waiting to go on his mission in September to Ribeirao Preto, Brazil. He is so ready to go, and is going to bless the lives of countless Brazilian people. I can't wait to hear all about it.

There are so many other people who have blessed my life in unmeasurable ways. I wish I had the patience to list everyone. Just know that if your reading this, chances are you've touched me, and I am so grateful for you. I know that you have all left impressions on my heart and will never be forgotten. I thank my Heavenly Father for my friends and associates every day, and I hope you feel that. I love you all, and wish you the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment