Thursday, December 1, 2011

JT

I love music.  I may not be a music junkie, but I do think it's fair to claim love.  I don't sit on the computer for hours on end searching for new stuff, in fact I'm not a HUGE indie music fan.  The truth?  I am more than happy listening to who I consider the classics.  I love me some Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel, Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young and when I'm feeling crazy some Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and Celine Dion.  

But, if I had to listen to only one artist for the rest of my life, I know exactly who I would choose.  

James Taylor.


There is nothing like a James Taylor song to calm me down and put me at ease.  Generally my favorite JT song is Fire and Rain, but in light of this cheery Christmas season, I thought it would be appropriate to link one of his Christmas covers, River. It may not be something you'd carol to the neighbors house with a thermos of wasil and a plate of cinnamon rolls... but I love it just the same.  

Here's to you James, thanks for getting me through! 

Cheers, 
Sydnie Juniper

P.S. He'll be on tour in Paris at the same time I'll be there for study abroad... I'll look into it.  

1 comment:

  1. ditto to this entire post! i love that song. and james. oh...and JT in PARIS?!? Do it.

    ReplyDelete